Saturday, January 2, 2010

To Be a Bear...

It is weird that I feel like a little bear? This weekend, I have wanted nothing more than to stay home and hibernate. I’ve been curling up under blankets (it’s a little chilly in the apartment) and reading for hours on end. I feel incredibly lazy, but baby, it’s cold outside.

It was all I could do to haul my lazy bones to the gym this morning for spinning class, and the lethargy seemed contagious. Our high-octane instructor entered the room with her usual vim and vigor, but not one of the five people who’d braved the cold to attend her class seemed to share her enthusiasm. The over-sustenance of the holidays seemed to have taken a toll on all of us. I left class ten minutes early (I’ve never bailed on a class early before!), because an hour of cycling after three weeks of sparse exercise and holiday sweets was just too much. Somehow, I didn’t feel too badly about it, either.

Of course, after cycling, I enjoyed another high-calorie meal at the Pancake House, catching up with Kat. Afterward, I passed up an invitation to go shopping in favor of curling up at home with a book. Shameful! But it’s just my response to two weeks of over-stimulation. Really, how nice would it be to just be a bear? Eat and eat and eat, then sleep, sleep, sleep. And wake up when it’s warm outside. Mmmm, pure decadence! But I’m not a lazy bear, nor do I want to look like one, so tomorrow I’ll have to get my neglected muscles back to the gym and try to break the pitiful two miles I couldn’t seem to surpass on the treadmill this week. Plus, I’ll be working tomorrow in anticipation of the crazy weeks ahead. It’s going to be a busy month. Nope, no hibernation for this cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment