Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chicago Dance Digest

Hi friends, family, and fans,

Recently, I started a blog devoted to dance in Chicago--Chicago Dance Digest. Frankly, I wanted to do more dance writing than the four articles per issue that I am tasked with each quarter for Clef Notes. I plan to continue writing for the magazine, because I have a good relationship with them and am excited for the publication's future. I also plan to keep blogging here when I have interesting, non-dance-related stories to share about Chicago.

One of the features of Chicago Dance Digest is a full events calendar of dance events in Chicago. Personally, I have often found it difficult to find a comprehensive list of Chicago dance events on the web. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands, and take all of these emails I receive from press reps and theaters, and turn them into something useful for dance fans.

Additionally, I am really excited about the freedom I will have to choose my own stories, profiles, interviews, etc. to feature at Chicago Dance Digest. It is my hope that the stories posted on the site will be interesting, engaging, and informative for my readers.

At this time, I would like to ask you to consider following my blog. It's tumblr-based, so if you're on tumblr, please feel free to follow and re-blog or like any of my stories. For everyone, please feel free to comment on my posts, and ask questions via the ask questions link at the top of the home page. You can also follow me on Twitter. My handle is chicagodancedigest.

Thank you for supporting me in this new endeavor!

Best,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment