Monday, August 2, 2010

Expensive, Confirmed by Huffington Post

Now, I'm always a bit ambivalent about these "Top Cities" articles, but whenever they talk about Chicago, I just can't help myself. This one doesn't surprise me one bit, though. The Huffington Post ranked Chicago #4 in the Top Eleven Most Expensive Cities in America.

You start to become at least a little complacent once you've lived in a city for awhile, but seriously, the high cost of rent, ten percent sales tax, and high cost of public transportation are rather crazy. Of course, my dollar doesn't stretch nearly as far here as it does elsewhere, but I still love my city.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I was surprised to see Houston and Dallas on that list, but not Austin. I'd always thought Austin was really expensive.

Anyway, IMO, a higher cost of living is a small price to pay for being where you love.

Post a Comment