Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Transformers" Invade Chicago

One of the (many) exciting aspects of living in a big city is that they are constantly shooting movies and television shows here. And, just as thrilling, when they're complete, you get to see your city--the places you dine, work, live, etc.--on the big screen, or in your favorite television episodes. Like a little kid, the novelty of this just doesn't get old for me. I'm still discovering movies that I knew and loved growing up were shot here. And immediately I have a new perspective on every one of those films.

This week, Transformers 3 has been shooting on the Mag Mile. There is plenty of grumbling from locals, whose commutes have increased two- and three-fold for a few days, but I'm lucky that it doesn't really impact me. It was cool to see no traffic on Michigan Ave., as that doesn't happen too often. I didn't check out the damage of the film shoot (and I do mean damage--you've GOT to check out this photo from the Tribune), but I know that I'm going to see this movie, and solely because it was shot on the Mag Mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment